The restaurant was ordered to shut with no prior listening to as a result of its scorching water tank had damaged, so no dishes or fingers may very well be washed at a secure temperature.
A Boston well being inspector ordered the emergency closure of a preferred Chinatown restaurant Monday after the inspector found the restaurant had no scorching water.
In keeping with the inspection report, Dumpling Cafe didn’t notify town Well being Division that their scorching water tank was damaged. With out scorching water, neither dishes nor fingers may very well be washed on the correct temperature.
The inspector ordered the Washington Avenue restaurant to shut till the Well being Division can verify scorching water has been restored, the report mentioned. The restaurant should now request a listening to with the Well being Division.
Dumpling Cafe couldn’t be reached for remark Wednesday night.
Different well being violations
The dearth of scorching water was removed from the one well being violation the inspector discovered at Dumpling Cafe. The report mentioned the restaurant was additionally storing produce in bins that had beforehand held uncooked rooster and may very well be contaminated with rooster blood.
Moreover, the inspector discovered a useless rat below the dishwasher, and there was a buildup of meals and particles across the cookline and grease lure within the kitchen, the report mentioned.
The Well being Division final inspected Dumpling Cafe on Jan. 31, 2023. At the moment, the inspector discovered that the restaurant was storing produce in outdated rooster bins, that gray water was seeping into the basement of the restaurant, and that there was rat feces within the basement.
The restaurant wasn’t pressured to shut, however the Well being Division required or not it’s re-inspected quickly. It took 4 re-inspections over the course of two and a half weeks for the restaurant to move with out violations. The repeated failures have been primarily as a result of workers stored making ready meals within the basement whereas the gray water was nonetheless seeping in.
Storing meals in bins that previously held uncooked rooster appears to be an ongoing concern for Dumpling Cafe. Way back to August 2021, inspectors discovered that the restaurant was storing cooked rooster in former uncooked rooster bins, and in February 2022, inspectors discovered the restaurant storing produce in them.
Different eating places lately ordered to shut
Dumpling Cafe’s closing comes simply days after two areas of Los Amigos Mexican Grill have been ordered to shut.
On the Brighton location, inspectors discovered mildew on the partitions and ceiling of a walk-in unit, in addition to a whole lack of sanitizing tools at meals prep stations. On the West Roxbury location, inspectors discovered rat feces on a number of gadgets of meals and elsewhere across the restaurant.
The Well being Division inspected the eating places after a number of circumstances of meals poisoning have been linked to the Brighton location. Two individuals who say they contracted salmonella after consuming at that location at the moment are suing Los Amigos, which is a small native chain.
Keep updated on all the newest information from Boston.com